Job Title: Solutions Architect
Reports to: Head of Pre-Sales
One of the UK’s leading UC, Cloud Computing and Managed Service providers with offices across the UK are looking to recruit a Solutions Architect to join their Consulting Services Team
Role and Main Duties:
- To act as Design Authority on individual sales opportunities and strategic accounts being fully accountable and responsible for the technical proposition including input from 3rd parties and subject matter experts
- Provide technical support for ongoing sales opportunities, PQQ, ITT responses, customer presentations and technical workshops
- Provide input for business case level discussions covering not only technical aspects, but business relevance and commercial discussions of any given solution
- Provide High Level Design documentation for Sales/Project handover
- Provide support for product management and the ongoing maintenance of the Company portfolio
- Undertake knowledge of the entire company portfolio providing design services for complete end to end solutions
- To liaise with manufacturers for technical updates and support for the design process
- Have detailed awareness of vendor commercial programmes, promotions and discounts in order to ensure that any solution utilises the best possible pricing
- To be the TDA and trusted advisor to strategic clients
- Experienced with a strong pedigree (5 years plus in a pre-sales role)
- Established track record in Technical Presales Support and Technical Architecture working in a competitive environment and winning major bids
- To be technically and commercially aware of the market and have a full understanding of the technical, business and commercial propositions on offer
- Understanding of Vendor discounts, promotions and tools
- Knowledge of Sales/Operational processes and their interaction with the Project Delivery Teams
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills
- Good time management skills
- Strong attention to detail and diligence
- Excellent written skills and the ability to produce highly detailed and polished customer facing documentation
- Excellent aural and presentation skills with the ability to articulate a message to a mixed audience, from managerial/strategic personnel to technical personnel
- Sound, in depth technical knowledge across at least the Cisco portfolio and the prominent solutions that the company sell and deliver, e.g. LAN/WAN – Cisco, Network Security – Cisco/Fortinet
- Understanding of the company go-to-market architectures (e.g. UW, NGN, DC)
- Manufacturer Certified, i.e. Cisco Certified (CCDP or CCNP)
- General rounded technical knowledge/awareness covering the entire company portfolio and other vendors (such as Citrix, NetApp and VMWare), including, WAN, LAN, IPT/UC, WLAN, Security, Server, Storage and Virtualisation
This opportunity is to join an expanding company in what some people say is a difficult market! They have a very strong Management team steering the company to greater heights with a very clear strategy to continue their growth and gaining more market share from their competitors.
Please note that this role is for people authorized to work in the UK, my client will not sponsor Visa’s or conduct long distance interviews.
At Click IT we also offer a referral fee for anyone you recommend we headhunt that starts work with one of our clients. If you know someone that fits the profile please click on the referrals tab and see how you can earn money for nothing more than giving us the names of colleagues and ex colleagues that are good at their jobs! Please be assured that any information you pass to us is handled with the strictest confidentiality.
Click IT Consulting specialise in the recruitment of Data Networking (Cisco & Juniper), IP Telephony, Security, Wireless LAN and SAN professionals covering both technical and sales opportunities.