Job Role: Technical Design Authority (TDA)
Award winning Fast track 100 Solutions Provider currently seeing unprecedented growth as they continue to expand their customer base, winning ever more prestigious new contracts.
At the heart of this success have been the pre-sales Consultants and project management teams, who work collaboratively across the organisation to design and implement their clients’ cloud telephony solutions.
As the TDA, you will work in a dynamic and highly focused internal team, working closely with Mitel’s account managers, their own PMO and other channel partners. You will have a direct impact on developing new revenue streams for the business and ensuring customer satisfaction is achieved. To be successful, you will need an in-depth technical expertise in at least three of the following areas: Cloud Services such as UCaaS, IaaS and PaaS, IP Telephony and associated protocols, Mitel UCaaS Enterprise (MiCC expertise preferred), Converged Networks, Customer Interaction, Collaboration tools, Mobility applications and VMware.
They pride themselves on their customer-led, consultative sales approach, where change Is a constant. You will have three overarching responsibilities. Firstly, Solution Design: you will develop, at times, complex solutions for customer from Mitel’s product portfolio, their WAN partners and SIP partner, meeting the detailed requirements of the customer’s specific and defined business needs. Whilst complying with the design constraints of the products being used. Secondly, Solution Demonstration: you will provide demonstrations of their partner solutions, particularly Mitel, that are tailored to a customer’s business requirement. Finally, Solution Documentation: you will be responsible for the production of professional documentation in support of a solution design, maintaining high quality and consistency. You will ultimately underwrite and own the solution design end to end on behalf of the company.
This is a busy role with demanding clients and internal customers. You need to be able to adapt and refocus quickly. Changing direction as the customer, the market or the company do. They’re incredibly energetic, move at pace and priorities can change, having the will and the ability to go with those changes, is paramount to the success of of the company going forward. Being willing to get involved in trouble shooting, technical discussions and fault resolutions is all part of your working day. This is a hands-on, can do role!
They have a diverse team unified by a common, deeply-held passion for the customers and their brand. They love what they do and want someone to join who is equally passionate. If that’s you, apply now!
Job Accountabilities and Tasks:
- Solution design documents (Concept, HLD, LLD)
- Solution design verification for Mitel Solution Providers
- Solution design verification for WAN and SIP connectivity
- Solution description documentation for input into tenders or customer proposals
- Support for solution demonstrations for Mitel Solution Providers and Mitel customers
- Provision of pre-sales training for Mitel and other Solution Providers
- Pricing support for Mitel Account Managers and other Solution Providers
- Peer reviews
- Research and development of new products and services
- Assist with Customer Demonstrations (both on-site and off-site)
- Assist with Customer Presentations (both on-site and off-site)
- Requirement Gathering
- Solution Design & Solution Design Documentation
- Subject Matter Expertise
- Assist with Complex Pricing
- Statement of Works
- Proof of Concepts
- Tender Responses
- Research and Development
The Individual – Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
Skills and Attitude
- Able to motivate and gain commitment from others, escalate and accelerate activities and issues to meet targets
- Strong oral, written, technical and presentational & communication skills, with customers and internal stakeholders
- Strong, customer-focused approach to technical consultancy delivery
- Passionate about continuous improvement
- Highly organised, methodical and proactive
- Analytical, logical and detail-orientated
- A flexible attitude to work, action-oriented and determined
- Calm under pressure
- Able to work independently, yet comfortable as a team member
- Field based, so working from home, office or customers on any given day must not be an issue
- Flexibility is a must have.
Job Knowledge and Experience
- 5+ years Technical Consultancy experience in high profile and complex IT and/or IP Network projects (essential)
- Also essential is expertise in Cloud Telephony, namely Mitel Enterprise (UCaaS) with expert MICC knowledge. It is also highly desirable to have knowledge of the associated Mitel and third party applications, such as Redbox, Telepoti and Noetica. Converged Networks, Customer Interaction, Collaboration tools, Mobility, & VMware are all desirable skills.