Responsible for pre-sales design of the Company’s Data Centre & Cloud solutions portfolio.
Provide technical support in sales presentations, product demonstrations, customer meetings. Be responsible for High level equipment designs for the sales team as well as High Level design handover to the project implementation team to ensure that the system will function according to customer specifications.
Provide answers to customer pre-sales enquiries concerning hardware and software solutions.
Provide consultancy support to the sales team for customers, matching business requirements to the suitable technical solution.
Manage proof of concept testing based on customer requirements, to demonstrate feasibility of an application or solution prior to a project rollout either on site or at the offices.
To be a pre-sales consultant for the Data Centre business practice and as such be involved in technical and sales training on new propositions in this field.
- To be fully conversant with the Company’s portfolio of solutions and services.
- To have a good understanding of all vendor products in the company portfolio, including VMWare, Netapp Cisco and Microsoft solutions as well as building up awareness of the market and competitive landscape.
- To have a good understanding of the specific requirements within sales team.
- Responsible for all Pre-sales Activities:
- Customer Demonstrations
- Site Visits
- Equipment Evaluations
- Technical Summaries & Presentations
- On-site Consultancy
- To maintain accurate records within the Company databases.
- Provide support to the Field Sales Team
- Provide support to the Internal Sales Teams
- Provide basic training on the portfolio to the Sales Team.
- To attend any job-related training arranged by the Company.
- Any other reasonable ad hoc duties that are job related and requested by the Head of CaPS.
Proven track record in providing a technical Pre-Sales support to a sales team with specific experience in Server, Virtualisation, and Storage.
Skills in the above areas with multiple vendors could be an advantage.
Microsoft application skills could be an advantage.
Good Interpersonal skills. Able to communicate with staff and customers at all levels.
To have a good technical knowledge and an ability to translate business requirements into solutions and explain the reasoning.
To maintain any relevant Vendor Certifications.
Good personal presentation.
Ability to lead by example and act in a professional manner at all times.
Ability to organise and deliver “projects/tasks” on time.
Good understanding of SFDC, Word, Excel and knowledge of Microsoft Outlook would be an advantage.